Highlights of tonight’s session include:
- Timmy received a request from a deputy named Aiden to find a missing woman named Gretta Roarke and her two kids. He told the others and they went to her employer, a barber named Titus.
- Titus told the group that he was worried about Gretta since he hadn’t seen her for over a week, so he went to her house and broke her window to see if she was home. She wasn’t, so he left and reported it to the sheriffs.
- At Gretta’s house, Quiff found some scuff marks and a child’s head-sized dent in a wall that indicated a struggle. Gallows also found a picture of Gretta as a child, plus three pregnant women named Annabelle, Susan, and Syndee. The women are all related to Gretta.
- After tracking down Annabelle, who is in her mid 40’s but looks like she is in her mid 70’s, the group learned that the whole family used to belong to the cult of Subortus, a god of renewal and resurrection. The cult broke up after its matriarch, Annabelle’s grandmother, was betrayed by her son and killed, then came back as a zombie during her funeral and killed him in return. The cult’s temple is in the old temple district in town.
- At the temple, the group found a homeless man squatting in the temple foyer. When spotted, he ran off, fearful of being arrested.
- Deeper in the temple, Quiff spotted some shadow dogs, which stalked him back to the front of the temple. The group got into a fight with a few packs of the shadow dogs, and Gallows was severely injured before they were driven off.
- While drunk, “Brother” had a vision of himself being sacrificed on the meteorite altar in the mountains near Manicus’s old place. He also ran into his “totem”… plant, an ambulatory cactus with a cowboy hat, and a vaginal-looking mouth filled with spiny “teeth”. He memorized the faces of the people participating in the ritual.
Next week, we’ll meet at Ward, then see if we can play on a table in the hall, since it was really loud tonight. If not, we’ll move up to my house. We’re also going to rework some characters and backstories, and figure out what everyone wants out of the game.